Blue Heron Review is proud to announce the online publication of our latest issue: BHR 9 Winter 2018! We have a beautiful collection of poems and visual art for you to enjoy. Although we are still deeply nestled in the winter months, you may spot a few glimmers of spring energy shining through in this issue.
(Cover art by David Seth Smith)
Thank you to all of our contributors for making this issue another spectacular union of words and images! Visit the Blue Heron Review Issue 9 Winter 2018 page of our site to read the full issue, and to learn more about our authors and artists.
Richard Greene * Neil David Mitchell * Jessica Moser * Jonel Abellanosa * Erina Booker * Rosalie Sanara Petrouske * Nikolai Sebastian * Jan Bosman * Jenni Gribble * Robert Lee Brewer * Darren C Demaree * Katy Phillips * Alice Mills * Keith MacNider * Prerna Bakshi * Jeannie E Roberts * Nick Hale * Timothy Pettet * Neil Creighton * Steve Bucher * Ethel Mortenson Davis * Karen Warinsky * Faye Adams * Maryann Hurtt * Mary Jo Balistreri * Mary C Rowin * Kristina Mullenix * Victoria Lindsay * Erika Goodrich * Anne Anthony * Eileen Mattmann * Mark Danowsky * Diana Randolph * Nancy Jean Larson * Kai Coggin * Colleen June Glatzel * Paula Schulz * Jacqueline Martindale
David Seth Smith (Cover Artist) * Kurt John Huebner * Jeannie E Roberts * Karen A VandenBos (Featured Photographer) * Devi S Laskar * Bobbie Lee Lovell * Kai Coggin * Anna May Shaffer
I hope that you will return to these pages again and again, when you need some respite and food for thought. May these poems nourish your spirit and provide inspiration for your day.
Cristina M. R. Norcross
Blue Heron Review
Blue Heron Review is pleased to announce our nominations for The Orison Anthology, due out summer/2016. Orison Books supports the philosophy that, “… spiritual writing has little to do with subject matter. Such work is not merely about spiritual contemplation, but itself leads the reader into profound contemplation. It is not merely about the sublime, but itself has a sublime effect on the reader.” Congratulations to all of our poets nominated to be included in this special anthology! If any of our contributors are chosen, we will make a special announcement on this page.
Blue Heron Review Nominations:
1. “Luminary” by Laura Bayless (published in the Winter 2015 issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #3)
2. “You Tell Me Happiness May Not Be Communicable” by Ronda Broatch (published in the Winter 2015 issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #3)
3. “Lauds, November 2: New Camaldoli Hermitage, Big Sur” by Russell Colver (published in the Winter 2015 Issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #3)
4. “Vessels of Light” by Elizabeth J Mitchell (published in the Summer 2015 Issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #4)
5. “Beads of Dew” by Paula Schulz (published in the Summer 2015 Issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #4)
6. “Sisters Praying” by Chris Abbate (published in the Summer 2015 Issue of Blue Heron Review, Issue #4)
Blue Heron Review will also be selecting poems from our past year of issues for both the Best of the Net prize and the Pushcart Prize. We will make announcements after those nominations are submitted.
Blue Heron Review is delighted to announce our 2014 Pushcart Prize nominations!
(1) “Vitreous” by Gail Goepfert (Published in the summer/July 2014 issue)
(2) “Last Night the Owls” by Russell Colver (Published in the summer/July 2014 issue)
(3) “The Opal Water” by Martie Odell-Ingebretsen (Published in the summer/2014 issue)
(4) “Three Days” by Su Zi (Published in the summer/July 2014 issue)
(5) “Developing a Natural Grace” by Paula Schulz (Published in the winter/ February 2014 issue)
(6) “Accident” by Kristina Moriconi (Published on the Blue Heron Speaks Feature page, January, 2014)
Congratulations to all of our Blue Heron poets!
Welcome to the first issue of Blue Heron Review! To read all of the beautiful poetry and art offerings in this issue, please visit the Blue Heron Review Issue 1 Winter/2014 tab on this website.
I hope you will find poems and images that speak to you this winter, as we gently prepare for spring and come out of hibernation. The contemplative months of winter allow us to search within and re-connect with the self. Each poem in this issue, shines a light on all that is sacred about existing in this beautiful world. Enjoy!
~Cristina M. R. Norcross, Editor
(cover photo by Robert Lee Haycock)
Sharon Auberle * Pd Lietz * Paula Schulz * Maureen Hand * Liz Rhodebeck* Jeannie Roberts * Ingrid Goff-Maidoff * Mary Jo Balistreri * Kristi Martel * Anjie Kokan * Kimberly Blanchette * Shannon Jackson Arnold
Robert Lee Haycock (cover photo) * Jason Iffert (photography) * Jane Riley (photo credit, “Canoeing on the Kickapoo”) * Pd Lietz (artwork, “Your Wings”)